Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Final Project

   Reflect on using blogs instead of journals for informal writing. What are the benefits of using blogger, as you have experienced it? What are the drawbacks? Discuss how you have seen your blogs this semester and also whether you have benefited from this medium and the availability of other people's blogs. Has the knowledge that everything you post is public writing changed the way you view yourself as a writer and what you write? If so, in what ways? You can also include other thoughts on the use of blogs that you consider as you reflect on their use.

Technology and computers have influenced in the majority topics of education. As a student who has been absent from school for more than ten years, my recent return to the classrooms has represented a big challenge in my life and academic goals. Using bloggers for my writing is one of them, although I feel amazed with the only thought that they could be possible, however, as it is asked in this project I know it has its advantages and disadvantages. In my personal opinion the positive things are more than the negative ones,  since blogs save time and increase the number of people who can give a look to your writing instantly and also you can get feedback in a shortly time, then you can correct your self for further postings. Therefore, blogs are supposed and expected to acelarate the process of writing learning by read the others opinions and knowledge regarding your writing.
One of the most notable advantages of the blogs from the paper journals is that the firts one are more accesible any time, anywhere, they are pretty durable while journals are made of material that can be easyly destroy or damaged, therefore the power remaining in blogs is incalculable.
In the other hand as everything at the beggining is difficult and difficult to acostume blogs might imply a different process of adaptation, for example, I had a really hard time signing in and keeping information during my first posting, in spite of the clear explanation and instructions of our professor Mr. Basileou, in a couple of times I lost all my writing trying to save it, but those mistakes are all naturally of  inexperienced people in all areas of the life. But in the future classes that I will have to take like ENG-101 and 102  I will already have the expertise on blogs. This fact is something I really appreciate during this class and lab practice, although some circunstances in my life which did not allow me to write as often as I would like but the good thing is that every time I write something I did it by my self and with the extra effort of a person who just knew a language which is my case regarding English. I just want to encourage people not to take the easy way that online resources offers since this can be a big disadvantages of blogs as you have the entire online net just under your hands, try always to learn and do it your self, that  is the unique way for really learnng.

Discuss yourself as a writer. What are your strength and weaknesses? What did you learn and how did your writing change this semester? What do you think you still need to work on as you move to ENG 101.
I personally feel that my writing has improved a lot since I start taking this class, although I don't still know whether I pass this class or not due to my lack, sometimes, of planification and missing words to express my ideas. I know that I have to work a lot on my English Grammar Skills and in the elaboration of sentences. I also need to eliminate some anxiety of writing and testing besides I will need take my time for brainstorming and planning better my essays. Either I pass or not I feel now that I know the estructure of a good essay and from where I should start an introduction. I know that I must edificate my self to acumulate correct experience in every thing I do in life because now I am sure that every moment in life can be a go resource for a good and exited piece of writing which work also into my soul and can change life at all.
Thanks for this opportunity and for join with me this blog.

No comments: